First Meeting with the Parents of Visually Impaired Children
- Contribution of the project and the parents for the successful operation of HMBS.
- Numbers of the units in HMBS.
- Location of the units of HMBS.
- The day and time for the units of HMBS.
- Numbers of the children in the units of HMBS.
- Date of the next meeting with the parents of the children.
Before entering into the major topics of the meeting, all the parents of the children expressed their both positive and bitter experience being with a blind/partially sighted child in their community along with their own personal introduction. After the introductory and experience sharing program, the meeting has discussed and taken the decision in above mentioned agendas with the agreement of everyone in the meeting.
- The meeting decided that the following will be the main responsibilities of HEAD Nepal to run the HMBS successfully:
- To visit each unit of HMBS on regular basis according to the schedule prepared by this meeting.
- To distribute Universal Blind Kids (UBKs) free of cost to each child enrolled in HMBS and also train them to use these materials.
- To train the children in Braille reading and writing.
- To train the children in of Orientation and mobility with their parents.
- To instruct the children in daily living skills with their parents.
- To train the children who are above primary level in computer skills with screen reader software.
- The meeting also decided that the following will be the responsibilitiess of the parents for the successful implementation of HMBS:
- To take their children to the allocated unit of HMBS on regular basis according to the schedule prepared by this meeting.
- To participate in the teaching/training process along with their children during the whole period of training.
- To encourage and motivate their children to attend the training regularly and even for maximum learning from the instructor.
- To train their children even in the home with the skills they learned from the instructor during the classes in the units of HMBS.
- To attend any events like, meeting, workshop, seminar etc conducted by HEAD Nepal for any social purpose.
The meeting decided that there will be 5 units of HMBS covering all the blind and partially sighted children of the VDCs and the classes in the units of HMBS will start on Sunday 19th June 2011 from unit 1 to 5 each day respectively.
The location for each unit of HMBS will be as follows:
- Unit1 covers Syanda VDC and the location of the unit will be at Balvadra Primary School in Santa village.
- Unit 2 covers Dandaphaya and Hepka VDCs and the location will be at Dharapari village.
- Unit 3 covers Chhipra VDC and the location will be the VDC office at Chhipra.
- Unit 4 covers Bargaun and Thehe VDCs and the location will be at Ramdev Primary School in Thehe village.
- Unit 5 covers Simikot Vdc and the location will be at the office of HEAD Nepal.
There will be 4 hours class from 11 am to 3 pm (one day class) in each of the unit of the HMBS on the day and the place as follows.
- Unit 1 at Balvadra Primary School on each Sunday of the week.
- Unit 2 at Dharapori on each Monday of the week.
- Unit 3 at VDC office Chhipra on each Wednesday of the week.
- Unit 4 at Ramdev Primary School on each Thursday of the week.
- Unit 5 at HEAD Nepal Office on each Friday of the week.
There will be the following numbers of the children in the units of HMBS respectively:
- Four children in unit 1.
- Four children in unit 2.
- Three children in unit 3.
- Seven children in unit 4.
- Six children in unit 5.
The meeting decided that the next meeting with the parents of the children will be held on Monday 15th August 2011 at HEAD Nepal office Simikot Humla.