What we Do
Head Nepal basically intends to work for all kinds of persons with disabilities in Humla district as far as its resources favor. We conduct different support services, vocational/educational training, awareness/sensitization programs etc. throughout the year for different kinds of persons with disabilities with different age group. However currently our major focus remains on providing education/training to the blind and partially sighted children in Humla. The following are some of the major works that we are undertaking at the moment:
- The Head Mobile Blind School had been set up in 2011 for children with visual impairment and runned for a year providing basic training to the children throughout different 8 VDCs of Humla district
- A residential training center, (Head Vision Home) has been set up in the year 2012 in the district headquarter, Simikot and currently 25 blind and partially sighted children are being trained/educated in the center.
- A comprehensive survey report on the overall condition of persons with disabilities in Humla has been prepared by collaborating with different associated organizations
- We conduct Basic Needs Support Service on yearly basis to address the basic needs of the persons with disabilities in one of the VDCs in Humla which has the highest rate of persons with disabilities
- This project started from 2012 and it was implemented in Kholsi village in Syanda VDC where 41 persons with different disabilities were directly benefitted
- Head Nepal provides different supportive/assistive devices to different persons with disabilities depending on their type and nature of disability, such as white cane, magnifying glasses for persons with visual disability and wheelchair, crouches for persons with physical disability etc. and the materials/devices are collected from different partner/supporting organizations and individuals around the globe
- Head Nepal has set up a computer lab in Simikot and provides the blind and partially sighted children with especial computer skills and knowledge.
- Head Nepal set up a counseling services called Disability Information Advisory Services which provides independent information and advice to disabled people, their families, friends, colleagues, caregivers and service providers and the general public.
- Head Nepal organizes friquent meetings with the parents of blind children, also with stakesholders, associated partner/donor organizations for further improvement, advancement of the existing programs and designing and development of other innovative and relevant projects for persons with disabilities
Our Activities in 2011
our Activities in 2012
our activities in 2013 Our Activities in 2014 Our Activities in 2015 Our Activities in 2016